Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week of 3/18/13

Dear Parents,
Please take advantage of the Superkids Parent Portal (https://teachers.rowlandreading.org/parents/login.aspx).
It contains interactive stories from our SK library and the stories we
have read in class as part of our reading program. 
In addition they are now offering an iPad app free of charge.
The children should know their password (picture).
If you have not opened an account yet, I encourage you to do so.
If you are interested in opening an account, please send me your 
email address. Feel free to send me a note if you have any questions.

If you need to meet with me, please set up a time in advance. 
Send me a note with your availability and I’ll see what I can do. 
Thank you.

HOMEWORK
Monday: 2 pages phonics, 1 page Superkids (p.96)
Tuesday: 2 pages phonics, 1 page Superkids (NEW workbook p.20)
Wednesday: 2 pages math, 2 pages Superkids (pp. 21 & 22),
                   science project information sheet
Thursday: 2 pages math, 2 pages Superkids (pp. 23 & 24)
Friday: 2 pages math, 2 pages grammar, 1 page social studies &
           read pp. 170-179
            
REMINDERS/FYI
Monday: Gym uniform,
              Math chapter test, place value, review all homework
Tuesday: Science test, Earth, pp. C18, C12-13, C16-20

NEXT WEEK
Monday: Science project due (non-fiction book about the Earth)
             I’ll send the science textbook home this week on Monday
             and Thursday.